Episode 14 - The Boston Massacre
In this show I discuss what many consider the "starting point" of the Revolution, that being The Boston Massacre. Did it happen the way we learned in school? Who was truly at fault? What would your verdict be if you were on the jury?
After scouring court transcripts, actual documents from the lawyers and notes of the trial, witness statements and about 8 hours of research, I do my best to paint a vivid and accurate picture for you of what truly happened and why.
• Hand-written Documents From The Trial - Very cool.
• John Adams Arguments for the Defense
• Quotes and Overview of John Adams during the trial
• HBO Official John Adams Website
• Courtroom Clip from HBO series John Adams
Recommended Reading: (click on book)
Below are some videos for our younger historians
Boston Massacre Approximate Location Today
Paul Revere's Boston Massacre Engraving / Propoganda
A type of ship, called a sloop, is what the Liberty was.
Support the show by visiting our Patriot Power Online Store